Thursday, August 1, 2013

5 months

Our little Wren is now 5 months old. Time is going by so quickly. I feel like somedays I am begging her to grow up so she can do some things on her own (mostly feeding herself), but other days I cherish her being so small.

A few things about Wren at five months:

She is now the rolling/tummy time queen. She is hardly ever on her back anymore so we are hoping her hair will now start growing back!
She is now out of the rock and play and sleeping in her crib.  When we put her down for bed she rolls right over on her tummy and stays like that all night.  Seriously cutest thing ever with her little butt in the air.
She loves to scoot. This has gotten us into a little trouble because in the crib she scoots her head right into the bars. We have found a few little bruises on her head. So sad!
She sits up like a gorilla. precious.
She has tried a few solids like rice cereal, apples, bananas, and pears. So far pears are the favorite!
She wears 3 month clothes and 3-6, and just started wearing size two diapers this week.
Helping make banana bread with mommy! 

4 month old pics


first time swinging! 

Wren loves reading her nightly book with daddy.

We have been in Flagstaff for over a year now and it seems so surreal.  We have made so many good friends and lots a fun memories. A few weeks ago I started to babysit a two year old named Mac. I'm only with him two days a week but he keeps me on my toes.  It is so different having a little two year old following me around all the time.  I learned early on some important "child proof" ideas.... Let's just say the toilet brush ended up in the living room a few times. ...
My mom is back spending one more week with us. We are going to be so sad when summer is over, but we are hoping to make it to Utah a few times in the fall.
I have been feeling the need to be more domestic lately so I tried out more own homemade fabric softener and I love it. all it is is vinegar, hair conditioner, water, and an essential oil of your choice.  I love how my clothes come out smelling like lavender, and I feel good about the money saved.  LOVE IT. 

Layne gets really annoyed when I leave my bobby pins all over so he thought of another use for them. Very funny honey.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS