Wren just turned ten week this last friday! We are spoiled by what a good little baby she is. Even at this very moment she is putting herself to sleep. She is starting to get a little "daddy's girl" personality. She recently has learned how to get our attention by the BIGGEST fake cry ever!
*Recently discovered her hands, and they are constantly in her mouth.
* Still loves being outside
*Is getting a lot better in her carseat
*Has a new cousin named Camden
*Sleeps about 8 hours straight during the night
*Getting little chubby cheeks!
*Loves skype and facetime with family and friends.
*Not much of a cuddler anymore, she is too much of a busy body!
For Layne's job they take some of their employees on a river trip down the Grand Canyon. Since this is pretty much a once in a lifetime experience we decided he should go! Which means Wren and I are going to head to St. George to stay with Aunt Hayley for a week. Hayley is so good to us every time we visit, and I'm just counting down the days!
Flagstaff is starting to get warmer, which makes for nice walking weather. Our ward put on a fun run last weekend and Layne took first while pushing Wren in the stroller! He was not planning on running fast, but once we heard that a prize would be given he went for it, and won me some Hot Tomales! It was a pretty great prize hhah!
Being a mom is hard a lot of days. Sometimes I feel like a complete wreck while other days I feel on top of the world. crazy hormones! It is so easy to compare little Wren to other babies, so I am focusing really hard on not doing that, and just understanding that she is on her own little growth chart. One of the biggest lessons I have learned is to not judge other moms in any way! I understand now that sometimes you just have to do what is best for YOUR child even if the internet, books, or other people tell you something different. I'm so thankful for the power of prayer. There have been countless nights where I have kneeled down and asked Heavenly Father for help with something as simple as letting Wren sleep a few more hours, and my prayers have always been answered. I know that parenthood will have it's joys and pains, and I'm so grateful that the Savior is right by my side to help me through those hard days!









She's so beautiful! I'm sure you are a great mom! :)
ReplyDeleteJust remember it gets so much easier! Michael would never let me cook without crying for the first 6 months, then he discovered pots and pans and was entertained for hours. The hormones suck. People say they go away around 7-8 months...but I wouldn't know, I had a whole other set of hormones kicking in around then :)
ReplyDeleteShe is so darn CUTE!!
ReplyDeleteYay for matching pj's! Mia has the fluorescent pink and orange one as well!
We should get together when you're in st George!!
She's such a sweetie! I hope the hormones get better, hang in there! <3
ReplyDeleteHow adorable :) I just love her so much and i am so glad she is sleeping and getting chubby cheeks! You are such a great example, thanks for everything through my pregnancy, I know you will be asked a lot more questions in a few weeks. love you!
ReplyDelete