Sunday, October 30, 2011

Heritage







My grandpa Guy passed away about 2 weeks ago. His death was not a shock, as he had been sick for a very long time. I am happy that he is with my grandma again, and can only imagine what their reunion was like! Since his funeral I have been thinking a lot about my heritage. When I think of my family I think of mainly one word, sheep. Ever since i was little I remember feeding small lambs with a bottle, spending the day at the Taft's ranch while they sheared all the sheep, and loading them up to take them to the mountain. My grandpa was an avid sheep man, and he knew the business. I am proud of that.
Each year cedar has a heritage festival, where they heard 1,000 head of sheep down main street. I had never been, and really wanted to go this year. I can't believe this was my first year. This parade was the best thing that i have ever witnessed in Cedar City. I was smiling from ear to ear the whole time! It was great!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great post! I just wanted to point out that it is a "herd" of sheep, not a "heard" though I imagine you "heard" them bahhhhing! Hahaha, how many head of sheep where there Kenzie, 3 thousand, which makes about 30,000 total right!?!

    Hahaha just teasing, love you. Glad we got to spend time with the family at the funeral, it's always good to get together.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS